Sue's Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

What's behind the VOCM Attack?

Here's the problem. VOCM boasts about the size of its listening audience - particularly their talk-shows.

If this is true then Randy Simms and VOCM allowed out and out lies to be broadcast - about a private citizen - to thousands of people.

Is this the role of a commercial radio station? Clearly it is not. So why then did VOCM allow it and to date not address it?

And yes it continues - over the air - on twitter - anywhere Paddy can get a smack in.

The difference is - he has a mic - and he controls a commercial radio program. Each and every time he comments it goes to thousands of people. What is the purpose?

The following is a sample of Paddy Daly's tirades :

At least you're not at home "crooked" like Sue - Paddy Daly states today on the airwaves.

or this today on Twitter

@hydroqueen let's get the rules straight? you are flying solo with your ramblings. call or be quiet. gutless. hypocrite.

I have not been on his or Randy's show for a long time now and did nothing to precipitate the commentary about me by callers like "Bob".

So VOCM will do this: They will allow slander and lies about a private person - and then provide that person the opportunity to call in and talk about it. As you can see by the "rules" Paddy has set above - I am being told I am to be quiet - unless I am calling him.

Again I ask - why is all this going on? It certainly is not in the interest of public discourse on issues of societal concern.

The term gutless is interesting. He has a program on a commercial broadcast station and continues to take pot-shots - harassing me to call his show.

After reading a post on my blog last weekend - Paddy tweeted the following:

you poor woman.

This is also a very revealing comment. A very interesting choice of words - indeed.

There is something behind all of this and perhaps VOCM, Paddy, and Randy can let us know exactly what that is.

Until then - VOCM, Paddy and Randy do not control my blog or my twitter - so I will carry on.

Again people take note: it's me today - it may be you tomorrow.

My interest is Newfoundland and Labrador and the future generations. If that means speaking up and asking questions - then that's what I will do. If that means I challenge government on very bad resource deals, regressive legislation, or positions of potential conflict - then I will. If that causes unfair attacks and harassment - so be it. I have been doing it for 25 years - still here.





No comments: