I look forward to new challenges and some open discussion about the leadership of our Province and the lengths to which some politicians will go to cover-up their dirt.
Sometimes - we all go through times of muted thought. Sometimes we try to protect innocent people from political carnage - only to find out they too are up to their necks in it.
In Newfoundland and Labrador - getting perks from politicians means you have to do some work for them. This is the kind of work that they want to keep their hands clean while at the same time entrap (maybe should use a different word) those doing their dastardly deeds.
The perks can range from contracts to recognition of some sort. In each case it is something that the person they use - wants very badly.
Friend - 1 : a person who has a strong liking for and trust in another person. Merriam Webster's Dictionary
This is always the most difficult.
In life you have to trust sometime - but as we get older we know that trust is usually broken as lobsters crawl up that barrel.
Special friends - those who have been a part of your life for period of time - possess the ability to hurt you - if you let them. Sadly this is also a learned lesson.
There are those who remain - as few as that may be - and they are in for the long haul.
It is however a fascinating study of human nature - so to speak.
So this year shall be the year of exploring such individuals. The politicians will be easy. Others more difficult - and others will be litigation.
There are difficult subject areas to be explored.
1. Opioids and Addiction - and the real human fall-out for innocents and their families,
2. Muskrat Falls - how to keep the ball rolling even after it has been deemed a "boondoggle"
3. How to get a politician to fall in line
4. The Justice system and how it continues to be corrupt on so many levels
5. How politicians get others to do their bidding - on the dirty stuff
6. The Me Too phenomenon and what the Liberals might need to clean up
7. On the way to becoming the Premier and staying there
8. Could some of the tragic murders in our province been avoided and the fall guy or gal
9. Conflicts of Interest and how they are effectively covered-up
10. The political choices we have and whether a new choice is needed
Then there are surprises - those who you started off distrusting - actually proving to be trustworthy.