Sue's Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Feature - SCHOOL'S OUT

School's Out will be a regular post - on politicians and wannabes - out and about on the campaign circuit.

When one of them pops up on the open lines - I hope to catch the conversation and give a review to Sue's Blog readers.

It is amazing to hear the shallow introductions and the one liners we have come to love.

Part of the Williams Team (oxymoron)
Part of the New Liberalism (joey john and jerry)
As yet I have not heard an NDP hopeful

Please feel free to jump into the conversation if you happen to hear one of the calls. Tell us what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea Sue. But I think you should point out any incumbent or wannabe who actually makes comments that make sense and are not totally predictable and cliche. That way we can get through the talking head babble and perhaps identify one or two who may be worth voting for. Who knows some day they may actually make sense like you do.
I have to say that I don't know what is up with the hosts if the talk shows. Why does it appear that they are not interested at all in really challenging the politicians? It seems as though they are more or less simply ingratiating themselves with these people.
By the way, my favourite wannabe line so far is I am running for this party because my grandparents voted that way and my parents voted that way. Oh yes and I agree with the team and I grew up there. Not good enough.
But perhaps the very best line used is ... On a go forward basis

Sue Kelland-Dyer said...

What a great idea K - readers should write in one liners they have heard during the week.