Sue's Blog

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Manning Sound Bites 1

Manning Sound Bites


The unelected Minister Manning's entire interview with David Cochrane - On Point - is now online. This is not one you want to miss. This is a great opportunity to watch our Minister "shine" for the people of the province.

Over the next few days I will be posting parts of the interview - questions and answers. You decide if this person is capable to do the duties of her position.

We will start with what I now fondly refer to as Manningisms. These are where Ms. Manning blames somebody else for her actions or words or simply talks as if a question or point has not been made. In this particular example - the response could be considered incoherent.

Click HERE to watch the complete interview.

Cochrane: In your criticism and your characterization of it as character assassination - you said facts were omitted. Facts can only be omitted if they're known and shared but you didn't share.

Manning: The characterization of character assassination - that arose as a result of overall how I have been trying to advance facts and I note that unfortunately - first of all I'm very comfortable with the legal training and legal experience that I have to advance my position as a Minister and as Attorney General. I certainly could stand with to do with some more media training. Until our initial re our initial interaction our baptism by fire shall we say and you were part of that on the day that I was appointed and ah that was my initial interaction with the media and I respect you have a job to do. Where I could stand to improve perhaps - would be - in I guess - I guess it would be remiss to say - I'm not good at developing soundbites.

No comments: